Programmatic ad buying platforms (known as demand-side platforms or DSPs) are complex technology that interact with data management platforms (DMPs) to help you find and reach your most likely potential buyers online.
Together, these technologies can serve ads to an endless array of specific and highly granular audiences based on each viewer’s demographic, location, interests, behaviors, time of day, stage of the purchasing funnel—even the weather in their city in that exact moment. There are millions of data sets available and targeting strategies to test and learn.
WHAT IS PROGRAMMATIC ADVERTISING?
Although over 70% of digital ads are currently bought and sold using programmatic technology, even veteran advertisers get confused by the definition of programmatic advertising.
Programmatic advertising is the automated buying and selling of online advertising space by way of algorithmic software that negotiates the buying and placement of digital ad impressions in the time it takes a web page to load. It also incorporates traffic data and online targeting methods to serve impressions more accurately, efficiently, and at scale, which means better ROI and ROAS for advertisers and publishers alike.
In short, programmatic advertising uses algorithms and data sets to target the right audience at the best price, making this method of digital ad buying the best way to maximize your ROAS. The process is complex, but that’s why programmatic advertising experts like Amplitude Digital exist.
Why Work With Amplitude Digital?
If programmatic ad-tech uses algorithms to help get ads in front of the right people at the right time, what’s the point of using an agency?
Most brands don’t have the in-house expertise or time to tackle countless data dives and day-to-day campaign optimizations—and they don’t need to. It’s more cost-efficient to outsource this capability by hiring a experienced ad agency, like Amplitude Digital.
Amplitude Digital has used programmatic advertising for challenges such as:
- Expanding the reach of ad campaigns with third-party data sets
- Using existing first-party data to build lookalike audiences of potential customers
- Transparency (i.e., telling you exactly who is seeing your ads and why—something traditional ad formats like print and radio struggle with)
- Real-time reporting on campaign performance across a variety of metrics
Improving campaign performance over time
Available Programmatic Media Formats
Almost any digital ad format can be bought and sold programmatically, including:
- Display Ad Campaigns – banner ads of all sizes, placed across thousands of websites
- Mobile Ad Campaigns – mobile display and in-app ads
- Video Ad Campaigns – pre-roll ads on thousands of websites beyond YouTube
- Connected TV/ OTT Ad Campaigns – streaming TV services like Roku and Hulu
- Native Ad Campaigns – ad content that blends into surrounding editorial content, available across thousands of blogs and websites
- Digital Audio Ad Campaigns – podcasts or streaming radio services like Spotify, Pandora, or iHeartRadio)
- Geofenced and geo-targeted campaigns
- Digital out-of-home (DOOH) ads, voice ads, wearable ads, and other emerging advertising channels
- Ad Buying through Private Marketplaces (PMPs) or programmatic direct
- Dynamic creative and ad retargeting
Amplitude Digital can also help with campaign goal setting and KPI identification, audience data management, brand safety assurance, and omnichannel reporting.
Connect with Us
We’ll review your current marketing program and provide complimentary insights.
GET A FREE ANALYSIS.
How Much Untapped Potential is Hiding in Your Campaigns?
Find out with a free, no-obligation performance analysis.